Creating a Ledgerflow account and adding your first app
To access the Ledgerflow API you need to create an account. Our API uses OAuth2 credentials for your security. Once you have an account, you will need to create at least one app in your account to connect to our API – but you can create several if necessary. Any connections that are added are associated with a particular app at the time the consent is authorised. A connection can separately consent to share data with different Ledgerflow accounts or separately consent to share with different apps of the same Ledgerflow account. All these consents can be managed separately by the connection.
1. To access or create a Ledgerflow account visit https://flow.ledgerscope.com.
To create Ledgerflow account you need:
- your name
- company name
- email address
2. Once logged in you will see the Ledgerflow account dashboard.
3. To make use of Ledgerflow you need to create at least one app by clicking “Add an App”
You need to enter:
- *The app name – so you can distinguish it if you have more than one
- *An Oauth redirect url – after a sucessful consent authorisation your client will be redirected to any url you nominate so you can complete their customer journey appropriately on your own website
- Optionally you can enter a url for delivery of webhook notifications (this is optional see more information here subscribing-to-webhooks)
4. Trusted Third Party data credentials (Client ID and Client Secret) need to be entered in the app for each online accounting channel you wish to access.
You need to apply to each accounting channel API to obtain these credentials see guide here set-up-ttp-acccess-to-each-accounting-platform.
5. Once you have added some credentials click “Add this app” and your Client ID and Client secret for this app on the Ledgerflow API will be automatically generated, and you can view it by clicking on the app.